1. What do the two criminals eat? Does the Prince like it or dislike it? What parts of the meal seem odd or gross?
2. What are 'varmints'? Where is Jemmy looking for varmints?
3. Who do the criminals threaten to whip for talking back? Why do they figure this isn't against the law?
4. What do the criminals make Jemmy do to prove that he wrote the correct letter to the king? How does Jemmy suggest they get the letter to the castle?
5. What does 'treason' mean? Why is Jemmy worried that he will be charged with treason?
6. What does the "whipping boy" (Prince Brat) need to bring with him to prove that the criminals are holding the prince hostage? Why?